Dear agony aunt, I have had a bad day

Dear PopcornDragon93

I have had a bad day. I have eaten 800 calories on a binge over what I should have. This wipes out probably three days worth of work.

Here’s why: 1. I’m tired. I have been doing this for four months. This week I went for tapas Thursday (was good, still under), drinks Friday (was good, still under - drunk half a days calories), Saturday we had fajitas and watched a movie (still good) and today I looked at the scale and it had gone up since Tuesday by half a pound. I know the deal with regards to fluctuation, I know it might be water weight but I don’t really give a fuck today. I just wanted it to be lower because I’d missed out on things deliberately this week 2. My other half has gone away tonight for a week. His mother came round yesterday and had a pop around everything she could think of. My Nan has dementia now and she was a nightmare at Mother’s Day lunch today. My mother, aunt and family cannot talk about anything else but nan. Has completely taken over our lives and I can’t see an end to it.

Dear PopcornDragon93

I was sad to learn how you are feeling. You have done so incredibly well to get so far and lose 38 pounds. You have felt the benefits of it, and you love looking at the scale and seeing it go down. If a friend had done what you did today you would tell them this is a blip in your journey and that it takes courage to keep going which you will do. You would say tomorrow is another day and you would remind yourself it took years to get overweight and it will take a while to lose it. You would explain that emotional eating is a problem for you and you know and acknowledge that which is a great step. You would say that beating yourself up about it will help nobody and if you do that you’ll have had no enjoyment further taking the point away from the binge. You would say give yourself a break, take care of yourself tonight and do some self care things that will make you feel better. Love, PopcornDragon93

This might be a weird post but I feel like I needed to write a ‘to me, from me’ into the void. I feel better now. Stay strong all, and I hope you are doing well and can agony aunt yourself too x

submitted by /u/popcorndragon93
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/b7rd4g/dear_agony_aunt_i_have_had_a_bad_day/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christian lost 80 pounds

Thank you guys. Thanks to you, im down 40lb and I have opened my eyes to new foods.

I’ve been “trying” to lose weight since June. I am OFFICIALLY starting tomorrow.