First hike of spring!

I [30f] started hiking almost a decade ago. Met me almost ex-husband and it took a back burner. Crappy food, lack of exercise, and lots of excuses led me to being morbidly obese [5’3” and 227 lbs]. Our marriage fell apart so I started focusing on me again whenever I can pull myself out of my depression long enough to see I’m not the piece of crap he made me feel like I am.

In October and November, I started hiking. I took my son [was about a year and a half old and between him and all our gear, about 45 lbs on my back] and was typically able to do 4-5 miles on easy to moderate trails. Then winter came and even though our winter is short, it wasn’t safe to go during December, January, and February. So March came along and my son is with his dad. I decided that even though it was supposed to rain, I was going. The weather wasn’t going to stop me this time. It’s stopped me on many other occasions in the past (mainly postponing me starting to hike again) but not today.

So I got out and did it. And 8.9 miles, 4 hrs 47 mins, 2,149 calories, and 23,780 steps later I completed my hike. It felt amazing to finally get out there again. I took a few pics and videos but mainly just enjoyed being alone out there. There was about 3.25 miles where I literally didn’t see another human being. It was incredible to feel so desolate and distant. No cell reception. No companion on the hike. No fellow hikers (for a good part of it). No added stress. Just me and nature.

And a lot of soreness now.

submitted by /u/StrawberryMedic
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/b7uqb4/first_hike_of_spring/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christian lost 80 pounds

Thank you guys. Thanks to you, im down 40lb and I have opened my eyes to new foods.

I’ve been “trying” to lose weight since June. I am OFFICIALLY starting tomorrow.