Has anyone else put on weight in the first few weeks of joining the gym?

Been on and off counting calories for 12 months and not losing much more than the first 15 pounds so I decided to add exercise. I’ve been going to the gym 3-4 times a week for 3 weeks now, doing a mixture of cardio, flexibility and strengthening classes and still eating as I was before. I’ve put on 3 pound in 3 weeks. Obviously I realise that building muscle can make you out on weight but I honestly thought that wouldn’t happen for some time - at least not before I started seeing results and especially because I’m not focusing on trying to build muscle. Is this normal? Just looking for some advice so I don’t get disheartened.

submitted by /u/howdouarguewiththat
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/b7qyfc/has_anyone_else_put_on_weight_in_the_first_few/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christian lost 80 pounds

Thank you guys. Thanks to you, im down 40lb and I have opened my eyes to new foods.

I’ve been “trying” to lose weight since June. I am OFFICIALLY starting tomorrow.