I think I'm going to have to give up chips/crisps for good. Treat them like tobacco, alcohol and illicit drugs.

I began a strict diet and exercise program 28 days. I'm down #31 and I feel great. I'm saddened by the growing realization that I'll likely have to give up chips ("crisps" in the UK) for good.

Chips were by far my most craved junk food. I could chew through a bag without a thought. Potato chips: plain, sour cream & onion, cheese & sour cream, BBQ, nacho cheese tortilla chips and pretzels were my favorites. I also love cheese puffs. About the only ones I could keep around the house in limited quantity were plain tortilla chips. Even then I had to be careful.

Now that I am getting healthy, it seems like the best thing to do for me is to treat chips like ex-smokers treat tobacco, alcoholics treat alcohol or druggies treat drugs -- just stay away for good!

At first I thought I could probably continue to eat them at parties when they are served with the hors d'oeuvres. At first I thought "as long as I don't bring them into my house or office, I'll be fine," but now I'm not so sure? I think what I'll miss most about chips is how well they paired with a big tuna sandwich.

Is anyone else here tormented by chips/pretzels and/or cheese puffs?

submitted by /u/MatteoAttenborough
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/b7rr4x/i_think_im_going_to_have_to_give_up_chipscrisps/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christian lost 80 pounds

Thank you guys. Thanks to you, im down 40lb and I have opened my eyes to new foods.

I’ve been “trying” to lose weight since June. I am OFFICIALLY starting tomorrow.