It's going to be the first summer when I'm not ashamed to take my shirt off on the beach! [With Progres Pics]

Throughout my life, I was always on the chubby side. I didn’t care about my looks and physical performance.

And then I started attending high school. My weight got way worse.

I hit my heaviest which was 84 kg (185 pounds) while i’m 170 cm (5’7).

It seemed to me like I was thought of as „the fat guy”. It was the only thing that was noticed about me. I once overheard the conversation of two girls from my year talking about me calling me really hurtful names.

I was also the slowest runner, the least explosive and generaly least fit person in my class so PE classes were tough for me. I was always the last on the finish line, I was always the last pick.

I didn't like my body nor my looks. I didn't like seeing photos of me nor looking in the mirror.

One day I decided to change it all.

That's what I looked like on DAY 1 (December 2016): https://i.imgur.com/9y9AgmP.jpg

I got into basketball.

I started training basketball by myself 4 times a week.

I also started running 3-4 times a week.

I started by running 1km and I kept gradually building the distance up until I could run 5, 10 and finally 15km.

In 4 months I managed to lose 20 kg (45 pounds)

Unfortunately, I had no idea about nutrition nor about fitness.

I was doing WAY TO MUCH CARDIO wasn't doing ANY STRENGH TRAINING so I got SKINNY FAT PHYSIQUE.

I was looking fine when I had my shirt on me, but when it came off it was awful.

People were complimenting my progress, but I wasn't happy with it at all.

That's what I looked like 4 MONTHS IN (April 2016): https://i.imgur.com/Gv2UtVU.jpg

I got discouraged by my looks so I regained some of my weight (about 8 kg, about 17 pounds).

That's what I looked like after I regained some weight (January 2017): https://i.imgur.com/zFWAh8w.png

It was then when I got really interested in Martial Arts thanks to Joe Rogan's Podcast.

Joe inspired me so much to keep on training.

His podcast is a great source of motivation for me up to this day.

He got me interested in health, nutrition and martial arts.

I got really into MMA.

I was all about researching fighters' meal plans, workout plans and all of that.

I started training MMA.

My workout plan looks similar to this:

- Boxing/kickboxing/muai thai once a week

- BJJ once a week

- FBW twice a week

- Cardio 2 times a week

- Stretching everyday

That's what I look like now: https://i.imgur.com/4Ulso01.png

I weight about 66 kg (145 pounds) and I'm 170 cm (5'7)

As You can see, I got leaner, more muscular and I even got some early form of 6pack going on haha.

It's going to be the first summer when I'm not ashamed to take my shirt off in public!

I'm so happy and proud of myself!

I hope I was able to inspire some of You to keep on going!

Cheers!

submitted by /u/Nervedful
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/b7orf0/its_going_to_be_the_first_summer_when_im_not/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christian lost 80 pounds

Thank you guys. Thanks to you, im down 40lb and I have opened my eyes to new foods.

I’ve been “trying” to lose weight since June. I am OFFICIALLY starting tomorrow.