Just wondering if anyone else has had this self esteem issue after a plateau...

Hey there! So I (28F) am someone with a fairly significant amount of weight to lose. About 3 years ago, I lost 50 lbs. Though I still have a long way to go before I achieve what I would consider a goal weight, at the time that I hit the 50 lb mark, I felt absolutely amazing. My self confidence was at an all time high. I just generally felt so much better and I was fitting into clothes I’d never been able to wear before. I really felt fantastic about myself. Since then I’ve maintained that weight with a small amount of fluctuation, but I feel totally different. I’ve realized that I think it’s because I’ve become accustomed to this weight as my new norm, and because it’s still not technically a healthy weight, I now feel terrible about myself. I’m so unhappy with my appearance and the way my clothes fit despite being the exact same weight I was at the tail end of my 50 lb loss several years ago.

I’ve recently gotten back into the weight loss groove but I’m so impatient to see progress and start to feel good again. Has anyone else experienced this? A self esteem dive after a very long plateau? I know as long as I stick with it, I will start to see changes and feel better again. It’s just hard at the moment. Any sort of encouragement would be welcome!

submitted by /u/Pharmkitty18
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/b7vfug/just_wondering_if_anyone_else_has_had_this_self/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christian lost 80 pounds

Thank you guys. Thanks to you, im down 40lb and I have opened my eyes to new foods.

I’ve been “trying” to lose weight since June. I am OFFICIALLY starting tomorrow.