The cookie will not solve the problem

Long time lurker, first time poster. I just hit one month of CICO and I’m down 5 pounds. My husband gave up sweets for Lent, and being the supportive wife, I decided to give them up as well.

A couple of weeks ago I had an extremely stressful day at work. One of those where you’re stuck in a useless meeting for hours, nothing is getting accomplished, yet there’s a pile of work that needs to get done. I had a few minutes to run out for lunch and my first thought was “I need a cookie!” I’ve always heard that sugar was like a drug, but this was the first time I actually believed it. I just new if I got a cookie, it would solve all my problems. I would feel better. And once I really thought about it, I knew that the cookie would not solve my problems. The cookie would not help the situation. I would feel good about eating the cookie in the moment, then feel horrible about it later. So I didn’t get to cookie.

It may seem silly, but passing up the cookie was a big step for me. And it was an awakening to how much control sugar had in my life. Now that I’m aware, I will continue to do better.

submitted by /u/seleenas
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/b7swyq/the_cookie_will_not_solve_the_problem/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christian lost 80 pounds

Thank you guys. Thanks to you, im down 40lb and I have opened my eyes to new foods.

In desperate need for support