Feeling discouraged. I feel so much stronger and healthier, but I’m going up in dress sizes. How do I do this right?

This process can be so frustrating sometimes. I [22F] don’t have much to lose, maybe 10-15 lbs tops, and really just for aesthetic reasons. I was living in Mexico last year and as a combination of the lifestyle/getting sick a lot I lost like 13lbs in 10 weeks and I felt amazing about it! But unfortunately of course I gained it all back over the course of the last year living in the US.

Now I’ve been doing StrongCurves (shoutout to /r/xxfitness!) since November, and it’s going fine. I lift 4 days a week, and it’s really cool to watch myself be able to lift heavier and heavier weights over time. Especially as a college girl, something about making myself physically stronger feels empowering.

I’m also doing CICO on my Fitbit app and eating at a small deficit, 2 days of cardio a week, drinking tons of water, walking instead of taking the bus, and doing 16:8 IF for 5/7 days of the week. All of these lifestyle changes have been surprisingly manageable and make me feel great. But the number on the scale never goes down. And now as we transition into spring and I’m pulling some old outfits out of storage, I notice that a lot of my old clothes I’ve had for years don’t fit right anymore. I measured myself for a new dress the other day and I think my waistline has gotten BIGGER! :( It’s so depressing. I’ve always been a bit self-conscious about my weight and I feel like I’m working so hard at this, and to not see any progress is really depressing.

What am I doing wrong? Is the FitBit calorie counter too inaccurate for CICO? How can I keep motivating myself when nothing ever changes? It sucks how when I wasn’t even trying I lost a ton of weight but now that I’m making it intentional it just feels impossible.

ETA: 5’6’’, 140lbs. I eat at a 500 cal deficit based on what my FitBit says I expended in calories for the day.

submitted by /u/thunderst0rms
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/bghl02/feeling_discouraged_i_feel_so_much_stronger_and/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christian lost 80 pounds

Thank you guys. Thanks to you, im down 40lb and I have opened my eyes to new foods.

In desperate need for support