I had a nice little cry session this weekend

I use an app on my phone that's linked to my scale to track my weight and other metrics. I don't put too much stock in the accuracy of a $20 bio-impedance scale, but the trends are nice to look at. It's hard to put into perspective, "I've lost 7% body fat". The numbers seem a bit detached from my mind.

The thing is, these stats just auto-upload each time I weigh, and the scale of the graphs is a little annoying for me. This weekend I decided to import about 11 weeks of data onto a weight grapher on my computer. This meant going back to my heaviest weights and typing them in manually.

A funny thing happened during this process. I started at 385, and I remember my enthusiasm as I dropped the first 15-20 lbs. After that, everything has just been a bit of a grind routine. I haven't ever been discouraged in a big picture sense, but each time my weight bounced up a little bit from water weight, eating late at night due to circumstance or whatever, I would get a little frustrated. Going back and seeing all of these weight fluctuations, reliving the mental state of each little notch up or woosh down...it completely changed my perspective on what I've accomplished so far. 50-55 lbs of weight loss sounded incredible when it's someone else, but for me it was just some numbers on a scale. Remembering how happy I was when I got to 369, 359, 349, 339, did more to frame the journey than anything else I've seen so far. It had the impact of a dramatic before/after picture for me.

I thought I'd share in case anyone has experienced something similar. I broke down in tears (of joy).

submitted by /u/datedusername
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/b851dv/i_had_a_nice_little_cry_session_this_weekend/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christian lost 80 pounds

Thank you guys. Thanks to you, im down 40lb and I have opened my eyes to new foods.

I’ve been “trying” to lose weight since June. I am OFFICIALLY starting tomorrow.