I hit ONEDERLAND and stayed on track! I am so proud of myself! My 155lb weight loss story!

I have lost 155lbs! Yay me! This past Friday, I finally hit ONEDERLAND! I hit 197lbs. This is after a very long tearful journey the past 2 years. I have been fighting with my weight since I was a child. Every single picture you ever see of me is of a fat child. A fat baby standing in a kiddie pool. A chubby kid blowing out candles on her chocolate birthday cake when she was 6. A 300lb me in my high school prom picture. A 350lb me when I got married. A lifetime filled with pictures of an obese person. Even my health was a concern. People made comments how I was breathing hard and I didn't even notice. I was addicted to food. Food was my friend. I grew up so lonely. I had no siblings. No friends. A depressed father and a mother who did nothing but work to support us both. I found comfort in food. I ate every single emotion I felt. That habit didn't quit even after I met the man I married. He didn't care though, he loved me for me and thought I was beautiful. I love him so much for that.

One horrifying picture 2 years ago on Easter Sunday made me want to change my life for the good. A family picture outside in front of a tree. I cried my eyes out. I told my husband that I was ready to change my life. Ofcourse, I'm not perfect. Not in the slightest. I started my journey and stuck to it. I felt fantastic. I tracked my calorie intake and I walked 3 miles a day. I lost 70lbs. Then it happened. Life. Stress. Food. I fell off the wagon for 6 months. Last year on Easter Sunday, I went to my mom's house. I got on her scale. I gained 40lbs. The scale tipped over 300lbs again. I couldn't believe myself. All my hard work just thrown away. That was when I realized, that's it, no more excuses. It's time to get this weight off for good.

In the past year I have stayed on track for the most part. Like I said, I'm not perfect. I started off with the same routine. Then changed things as I went along. I still track calories but I incorporate more in my exercise routine. I now walk 4.5 miles a day AND do HIIT 5 days a week. I'm in the best shape of my life. Holidays I would eat what I want and just fix the damage after. Like I said, not perfect. However, one huge thing I've noticed during my journey is every single time I would go to my mother's, I would tell myself, what diet? Binge eating would come back with a vengeance. Idk if it's being in the comfort of my old childhood home or what. But I would just eat like a pig. And I would leave after my visit up to 10lbs heavier depending on how long my stay was.

As you all know, Easter just passed. So does everyone know where I am? You guessed it! I'm typing this on my mother's couch! And guess what! This is the first visit I've ever had at my mother's where I have stuck to my diet! I have not cheated at all and I've been here since Sunday! I even suggested we take a family 4.5 mile hike yesterday! My dedication has paid off. Who would of thought I could lose weight at my mother's house! That's right! I just got on her scale this morning and I have lost 2lbs! I am 195 today! I couldn't be prouder of myself!

I just want everyone to know, that weight loss is possible. For anyone. If someone like me who suffers from binge eating disorder and who has been obese her entire life can do it, anyone can do it! My advice to you is just please don't give up. No matter what happens, you can always fix your mistakes the next day. That is something I've always told myself. Thank you all for reading!

The following picture was Easter Sunday 2 years ago vs this past Easter Sunday.

https://imgur.com/a/Z0W84SP

submitted by /u/HelloBeautiful1119
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/bgfm1f/i_hit_onederland_and_stayed_on_track_i_am_so/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christian lost 80 pounds

Thank you guys. Thanks to you, im down 40lb and I have opened my eyes to new foods.

I’ve been “trying” to lose weight since June. I am OFFICIALLY starting tomorrow.