It's my birthday and I'm 20 kg down :)

This time last year I was insanely unhappy with my body, a few months later I decided to do something about it. I saw a pic of myself that someone else took and was shocked at how much I detested it and it broke through my denial that it 'wasn't that bad' (spoiler, it was).

My most recent goal was to get to a healthy weight for my height (65 kg/ 143 lbs) before my birthday. I hit that goal earlier this month. Today, I got the best b'day gift ever, stepped on the scale weighing 62.6 kg. My starting weight was 82.7 kg so it's happened, I've lost 20 kg!! It's taken around 8 months (including the xmas season in which I somehow didn't gain weight?) but I'm well chuffed with my progress so far.

I have to put my success down to counting calories. This sub helped me realise that's what I needed, after all I got fat mostly eating home cooked 'healthy' meals, where could I be going wrong! (the answer is portion sizes lol). But CICO only helped once I was mentally ready to lose weight. I knew I had to eat less for years, as I continued to gain throughout high school, but I wasn't fully on board with doing so. I made so many excuses but I'm so glad I finally got past that shit, counted my calories and realised setbacks aren't failures.

So thanks to this community! The support and the stories here are so freaking helpful. I know it isn't a massive loss compared to some of y'all but I'm proud of the progress I've made and I'm never going back. I have more energy and I'm more comfortable in my body, even though I've still got a way to go :) Here's to the next leg!

A progress pic for the curious.

submitted by /u/illicitlizard
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/bgotzn/its_my_birthday_and_im_20_kg_down/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christian lost 80 pounds

Thank you guys. Thanks to you, im down 40lb and I have opened my eyes to new foods.

I’ve been “trying” to lose weight since June. I am OFFICIALLY starting tomorrow.