Losing weight and bad habits for my special needs daughter

I have been eating a whole food plant-based diet for about 4 months now. For the most part not cpunting calories and feeling full most of the time. Just not adding oil, sugar, or salt and sticking to whole plant foods. Feeling much better.

https://imgur.com/a/eGI9amw

6'0" Before 199lb After 169lb

My goal was to get in better shape to have the energy to take care of my 2 year old daughter with a rare disease. No more self-soothing with booze (gave it up almost a year ago) or junk food. I have more energy and feel better throughout the day. My daughters syndrome causes her to have 100+ seizures per day, many appointments each week, insomnia (generally up for 2-3 hours per night), feeding difficulties, cognitive impairment, and communication difficulties.

It has been much easier for me to focus on her needs while not trying to soothe myself with food or drink. Not sure if I want to lose more weight at this time or not. Mostly going to focus on maintaining my healthy eating habits.

submitted by /u/MoralVolta
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/bgtxax/losing_weight_and_bad_habits_for_my_special_needs/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christian lost 80 pounds

Thank you guys. Thanks to you, im down 40lb and I have opened my eyes to new foods.

I’ve been “trying” to lose weight since June. I am OFFICIALLY starting tomorrow.