Lost six pounds! Only for my mom and sister to tell me it's not enough...

I'd been working so hard these past few weeks to slim down and lose about five or so pounds. Earlier in the year, I'd gained weight because I wasn't in a healthy relationship with a friend who was fairly abusive and toxic. I wanted to slim down in time for my wedding, and was absolutely thrilled when I got back to where I used to be--the weight I'm happiest at. I went to get my dress fitted with my mom and sister last week and excitedly told them I'd lost six pounds. They didn't say anything at all to me. Not a "congrats" or "good for you". Just nodded and said "hm".

When I changed in the dressing room, I looked at myself in my underwear and felt very good about how I looked. I had a flatter stomach and curves, not lumps. I put on my dress--which fits like an absolute glove except for the skirt and sleeve lengths--excited, and don't even make it to the mirror before my mom says "oh, your back is spilling out..." and my sister says "do some back work outs to tone up"

The seamstress, who is a friend of ours, told both of them that it fit exactly as it should. Later on, as I was about to leave to change again, my mom says "are you going to lose another five before the wedding?" and my sister says "you should lose some more weight". I didn't know what to say. I was shocked that they'd say that as I was standing in the dress that I was supposed to feel my absolute best in, that they'd tell me I wasn't good enough in my dress.

I was so happy and proud of myself for losing the weight I did. It felt good to lose that extra weight, felt like I was taking back control over myself, like I was shedding those last bits of abuse. Until my mom and sister told me it wasn't good enough. It makes me want to give up, makes me not want to put on my wedding dress. I'm supposed to feel great in my wedding dress, but now I don't even want to look at it. I feel so defeated and worthless, not even good enough now for my future husband to see me in it.

submitted by /u/neonlumberjack
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/bgkgcp/lost_six_pounds_only_for_my_mom_and_sister_to/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christian lost 80 pounds

Thank you guys. Thanks to you, im down 40lb and I have opened my eyes to new foods.

I’ve been “trying” to lose weight since June. I am OFFICIALLY starting tomorrow.