Sometimes I don't realize how far I've come. I've come a LONG WAY!

I have a gym appointment today from 4-5pm (the appointment is to secure childcare at the gym kid care, you don't have to make an appointment to work out), and just asked my husband if we could go for a walk on this nearby trail I've never been on after work. Never before, NEVER would I have spent an hour in the gym, came home and made/ate dinner, then want to go for a walk. Old me would putz around in the gym as little as possible then do NOTHING for like 5 days because I was "recovering".

I'm sitting here eating a 260 cal snack tray from Kroger (apples, cheese, almonds, and carrots) for breakfast. Old me would have eaten a solid 3 cups of sugary cereal or went out for pancakes.

I went to Sprouts this morning and got my food for work for the next 2 days. Much of it produce. My only "splurge" was a 400 cal per container Hatch Green Chile Mac n Cheese (it's bomb, really. Like the best ever). A 400 cal mac and cheese, as opposed to the 900 cal Panera one I used to buy. That will be my lunch. Old me would have eaten the 900 cal Panera one PLUS god knows what else. Just for lunch.

I haven't eaten 5 lbs of Easter candy this year. A handful of jellybeans here or there, yeah. Old me would have been on like...bag 4 of jellybeans plus god knows what else.

I'm not dreading summer this year. I do have some loose skin that it a little ugly, but I'm a 36 year old married mother of 2 with a full-time job and am a student as well. No one is looking at me. I'm just some lady now, and I take pride in that. I'm no longer the young lady who has a pretty face but it's a shame about her weight. I'm not on the market. I'm not obligated to look a certain way, nor do I need to go out of my way to be extra done up and cutely dressed to make of for my weight. I'm just another lady in athleisure roaming through Sprouts at 7am, picking kids up from school at 3pm, listening to murder podcasts on the treadmill, making a healthy dinner no one will eat, then yelling at my kids on the trail at 7pm. I'm just another lady!

submitted by /u/tackycardiahhhh
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/bgj2y1/sometimes_i_dont_realize_how_far_ive_come_ive/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christian lost 80 pounds

Thank you guys. Thanks to you, im down 40lb and I have opened my eyes to new foods.

I’ve been “trying” to lose weight since June. I am OFFICIALLY starting tomorrow.