When my father became sick I quit caring about myself to help care for him. Now that he has passed I’m working on getting back to where I started and finally feeling good about myself again.

Long story short my father was diagnosed with a terminal illness completely debilitating him, and over the course of 2 years my mother and I gave him 24/7 care until he passed due to complications of his disease. During that time I put my life on hold to spend what little time left I had with my father to help out my mother and him. Weight has always been something that I have had to deal with, and this is my second time of having to lose a large amount of weight however this was my highest SW: 275. Prior to my father’s illness my highest weight was 240 pounds, and with the help of copious amounts of beer and depression I beat my record! All jokes aside I had to get my life and body back into shape so I quit drinking to excess cutting it back to maybe one day a week, and started working out (weight lifting and running one mile) coupled with OMAD. The previous time I cut weight I did strict calorie counting staying around 1200 calories a day and added more calories if I worked out that day, and I basically did the same thing with IF at 16:8 and then into OMAD once I got use to eating less again. Now I am at a stable weight, but still want to get back to my previous weight of around 190. To give y’all an idea of my weight fluctuations when I was ~20 I went from 240 to 165 in 8 months, and this time around at ~28 years old I went from 275 to 215 in 6 months.

Progress pictures https://i.imgur.com/Yd5qMSx.jpg

And before y’all ask the cut in my stomach is literally a surgical scar from being cut in half. If I were to have a 6-pack (hopefully sometime soon) it bisects my first row of abdominals giving me a literally cut between my first and second row of abs 😂

So stats as of right now: Height: 6’2 SW: 275 CW: ~215 GW: 180-190

submitted by /u/VentAboutItLIT
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/b7v9gc/when_my_father_became_sick_i_quit_caring_about/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christian lost 80 pounds

Thank you guys. Thanks to you, im down 40lb and I have opened my eyes to new foods.

I’ve been “trying” to lose weight since June. I am OFFICIALLY starting tomorrow.