I use an app on my phone that's linked to my scale to track my weight and other metrics. I don't put too much stock in the accuracy of a $20 bio-impedance scale, but the trends are nice to look at. It's hard to put into perspective, "I've lost 7% body fat". The numbers seem a bit detached from my mind. The thing is, these stats just auto-upload each time I weigh, and the scale of the graphs is a little annoying for me. This weekend I decided to import about 11 weeks of data onto a weight grapher on my computer. This meant going back to my heaviest weights and typing them in manually. A funny thing happened during this process. I started at 385, and I remember my enthusiasm as I dropped the first 15-20 lbs. After that, everything has just been a bit of a grind routine. I haven't ever been discouraged in a big picture sense, but each time my weight bounced up a little bit from water weight, eating late at night due to circumstance or whatever, I would get...
after high school i got a job at a hospital and when i did my physical they weighed me at 450lbs. i was pretty depressed and it was a desk job so it probably got worse. then i started working in a warehouse and i lost 10-15lbs at some point because i bought a scale and i was 440 when i started. i used to drink over 2 liters of soda a day. so i quit drinking soda, cold turkey literally since february 8th i haven't had a drop. i'm down to 401 now and i'm about to get below 400 since my senior year. i hope to get to 250 someday. i've also been working out and my chest and arms are getting toned which is crazy to squeeze my arm and feel something solid. i'm really scared all the time of my binge eating disorder that i will lose control and end up at 440 again but i'm doing well now and would like some advice on needing to lose over double what i've already had to lose. i feel like im going to lose weight surely with giving up soda and getting my portions under ...
So today I went to a restaurant for lunch. Not out of the ordinary. Indian food, lamb korma with rice and a mango lassi because I wanted a treat. Pretty much what I always get when I go to this place. But what's different is last year I would have eaten the whole plate. Today? I ate maybe a third of it and felt full. I'm down over 50lb and my eating habits are so much better, my energy is so much better. This past weekend I went to dance class twice, as usual, but then I spent another 4+ hours doing yard work and gardening. A year ago I wouldn't have been capable of that. I still have a good long way to go but this is a victory. I'm so proud of myself. submitted by /u/sorabird [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/bgjm2w/i_went_to_a_restaurant/
Comments
Post a Comment